We had one panel go out, possibly due to a poor installation job. All of the panels were tilted in slightly, which allowed a buildup of dirt and dust as water evaporated. The one panel that went was causing the inverter fuses to blow. After rewiring, fixing the physical installation, and replacing the Sharp panel all is peachy again! We're getting around 13 kWh per day of solar energy. Thanks to Giddens Electric of Burbank for the fine work getting things running again.
We are getting closer to finally installing our beloved front door! I ordered the lever and deadbolt from Knobs-etc. for a pretty incredible price.
Speaking of good deals, I noticed that our door, the "Burbank" is 40% off right now at Crestview Doors.
We got some new electricians in to look over our system -- it blew two fuses after my last attempt at that fix, so something else was up. Either a faulty inverter or faulty wiring. They pulled up all the wiring, tested each panel, reinstalled them at a better angle than the original, rewired everything, fired it up and we all crossed fingers. It's been three days and everything is working great!
Posted by John Edgar Park at 8:13 PM
Right now I'm using it as a workbench for some projects, which is a horrible idea, as a conductive surface isn't the smartest thing to have when dealing with electronics. As soon as I build a new wood workbench in the garage all of my projects are moving out there. Then I can put this beauty to better use.
Posted by John Edgar Park at 5:17 PM