There have been lots of things happening at the house over the last few days:
- The painters have primed and prepped the interior of the addition.
- They're sanding window sills and other trim and have been taping off the front porch to prime and paint out there.
- We've finalized the trim color to Dunn Edwards's Iron Fixture:
- The plumber moved the water heater and removed it's housing so the back wall can be stuccoed.
- The siding is almost entirely done, just a small section remains to be done over the balcony.
- The railing has been installed on the balcony and looks very cool (despite having changed the design from horizontal to vertical rails to avoid the whole "toddlers think it's a ladder" issue).
- The balcony floor has been sealed with some noxious smelling stuff.
- The solar guys are installing the solar panels. Erin said she took some pictures of the panels before they were hoisted up, so I'll post those later.
- Concrete patching to fix a plumbing mistake from eight months ago will happen this week.
- Cleaning, sandblasting, and sealing the interior concrete floor is scheduled to begin next week.